You may not know that I actually love working out and semi-like eating healthy (joking, it makes my body feel so good and energized). I know it can be hard to get creative when you’re trying to be healthy and eating the same foods over and over is not fun! So I decided to share some of my favorite healthy snacks that I eat on a regular basis to help you stay on track throughout your summer!
- Energy Bites! You can find my favorite recipe for them here! (I add 1/3 C. of Chia Seeds).
- Frozen Grapes
- Light Babybell Cheese
- Strawberries (best time of year for them)
- Natural Peanut Butter & Celery
- Greek Yogurt Ranch & Veggies
- Cottage Cheese
- Bananas (frozen, with peanut butter, or plain)
- Protein Bars/Drinks (I love the Muscle Milk Pro Series in Chocolate, when picking a bar or drink be sure to check that there is substantially more protein than sugar.)
- Blueberry Lemon Protein Muffins (I substitute instead of using oil).
- Skinny Pop Popcorn
- Hummus & Veggies
- Lean Jerky (s/o to my dad for keeping me stocked up)
- Apple Slices
- Cashews (nuts in general are good for you)
- Mini 100-Calorie Guacamole packs
- Boiled Eggs
- Lemons (yes I am a freak I eat them plain)
- Greek Yogurt
- Pineapple Chunks
- Fresh Peaches
- Greek Yogurt
- My last is not actually that good for you but its not bad for you either and it’s my sweets for the day! Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars! I love the chocolate chip cookie dough ones.
Eating healthy is an important part of a beauty regimen! What you put into your body reflects in your hair and skin (breakouts, losing a lot of hair = unhealthy choices). If you didn’t know, now you know! Also if you have any yummy snack suggestions for me send them my way!