Did you know after being diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first things they tell you is to stop using regular deodorant? Although the research connecting the two is inconclusive they are still asked to stop using deodorants with aluminum because of the way it can react with radiation. Many people also believe after shaving if you cut yourself it’s easier for your body to absorb toxic ingredients in your deodorants.
After finding this out switching to an all-natural deodorant was a no brainer because I was already leaning that way anyways. Not only do you feel better knowing exactly what’s in it, it seems to work a lot better for me. I’ve tried every kind and brand of deodorant including clinical strength options. Below are a few natural deodorants I’ve used/had recommended to me.
- Schmidt’s Naturals – I’ve been using the cedar + juniper, but I think next time I will order the rose + vanilla or the ylang-ylang + calendula. If you have sensitive skin they also have a fragrance-free version!
- Kopari Beauty Coconut Deodorant – I’ve heard amazing things about this aluminum-free deodorant and it has an auto-ship option which is great for me because I always forget until I’m completely out. I’m going to try the ship every 2 months option and see how I like it. Also love that its coconut, for some reason I’ve found coconut seems to work best for me at lasting all day, is that a real thing? or in my head? Lol.
- Lavanila Deodorant – Aluminum-free and Kourtney Kardashian approved.
- Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant – Recently tested out a few other products from them & I’m betting this one is just as good.
- Native Deodorant – 4.69 out of 5 stars with 6,332 reviews. I’d say this one is definitely worth me testing. Also comes in yummy flavors. (Coconut & Vanilla, Rose & Lavender, and Gardenia & Orchid).
It seems quite silly that I’m so excited about deodorant, but seriously I can’t wait to try all of them and see how they compare. I already have 8 sticks in my bathroom drawer. I’ll keep you updated on which ones I’m loving.