Hi guys! Thanks for coming back to my blog. This week I am tackling a huge problem I am struggling with RIGHT NOW! Dry winter skin! Everyone who lives in Utah knows this same struggle, here are my tips so your face doesn’t feel like its splitting when you smile.
Step one when getting ready for bed at night is to remove all my make-up from the day. I love these bulk packs of Kirkland wipes from Costco, I’ve found a ton of make-up wipes aren’t wet enough to take off all your make-up and then you end up using more than one. These aren’t like that at all.
Step Two is washing your face! I use my Clarisonic cleansing brush along with baby soap because my face is really dry and sensitive right now.
Step Three is this facial spray from Mario Badescu, I use the Rosewater one. If you didn’t know, your skin will absorb your moisturizer better if your skin is wet first!
Step Four of course is moisturizer. My favorite winter moisturizer is The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb from belief. It smells so dang good & works wonders.
Step Five isn’t one I do every night, typically only when I’m really struggling or have a spot that is extra dry. With me it’s usually my chin or nose. Bio Oil is a great option for extra love.
Step Six, we cannot forget about the lips! I’ve shared this before & I’m still in love with this Laneige Lip Mask. I also wanted to note that this thing lasts a long time! You’ll wake up in the morning with a soft plump pout.
3-4 Times a week I use this exfoliating facial wash a few times a week. I swear it makes you feel like a new woman. The citrus scent is so refreshing, it will really wake you up if you use it in the morning!
BONUS : If your hands are really dry use working hands lotion! It’s the same as the healthy feet that I’ve loved.
Alright ladies & gentleman (if you’re a guy & you’re reading this just know I love you) it’s FINALLY here! I’ve tested and compiled a list of all my favorite drugstore products. I was honestly surprised after testing these because you really can’t tell that big of a difference between the prestige brands vs drugstore on certain products. I’m here to tell you it can be done!
Maybelline Master Blur Stick Primer
NYX Pore Filler Primer
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – I had heard so many people talk about this foundation, but I never believed that it could be good at the price point. WRONG. This foundation is now my everyday go to.
Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer – Seriously this bronzer smells like coconut dreams.
Maybelline Gel Eyeliner – Goes on like butter. Stays like sharpie.
L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise – My ride or die mascara.
Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter – I’m obsessed with these drops, a little goes a long ways I always blend with my fingers. This is liquid gold.
NYX Butter Gloss – They have so many awesome colors, but one of my favorites is creme brulee.
Okay we’re a little bit late on this one, but better late than never AMIRIGHT?? I think I am. June has been crazy and I cannot believe it’s almost the 4th of July! I’ve been waiting for fireworks & BBQs for SO LONG! I’ve been using my youtube app a lot lately watching make-up tutorials, one I am loving is Desi Perkins. She is a glow & brow queen, everything she makes really is so awesome. Definitely check her out. Also her make-up room is to DIE for, if there was one thing in life I could have THIS WOULD BE IT!!
- I’ve NEVER been a fan of blush before, until I found this color from Tarte. I always end up looking too flushed and red. This blush is different, it’s subtle and the perfect color for my pale pale complexion.
- My new favorite lipgloss in the color creme brûlée & its $3.69 at Target.
- I’m SO excited to share this Protein Water. YES!! Protein water. I absolutely hate protein shakes, but these… these are AMAZING. 60 calories. 0 sugar. 15g protein. Depending on the flavor the protein is 10-15 grams. I got the variety pack with 15g.
- I ordered this jumpsuit for my trip to Seattle. Since I’ve been home I’ve worn it multiple times & I try to wear it every chance I get. It’s seriously comfy and can be dressed up or down.
- I’ve been looking for a pair of platform sandals for a minute and found these black Steven Madden ones. Also considering these ones with a white sole.
- Brought home this pair of Nike’s from the 5 floors of bliss Nordstrom store in Washington.
- HAIR ACCESSORIES… Anyone else been loving this trend?? Found this cute Bandana pony scarf. Maybe I’ll make a full post with all the fun things I’ve found recently, we’ll see.
- Nothing says summer like an eyelet blouse.
- Summer also means a lot of weddings to attend. I love this pocketed fringe dress.
- This Tommy Tee is so cute, it could even work for the 4th of July that isn’t so 4th of July.
- Gingham and tie front, this shirt is a winner.
- Might need one more swimsuit to get thru the summer, this striped lace-up front one piece will do.
Love all the cute clothes on vicicollection.com. They always have a 20% discount going on & you can find the code on their Instagram but really they already have great prices!
Going through a home decor obsessed phase so I’ve been spending a fair amount of time on crateandbarrel.com.
I read 2 books by Shari Lapena and both were SO GOOD. I’ve been into mystery thrillers lately and I couldn’t put either one of these down. I read A Stranger in The House and The Couple Next Door.
Being a student money is tight and you don’t have a ton of time, so I’ve compiled this list to help with both of these things. The 2 websites I use for student discounts are UNiDAYS and Student Beans. They always have new deals and discounts going on & its so nice to have them all in one place. Be sure to set up an account if you don’t have one already so you can get the codes, all you have to do is have an institution email & confirm the link they send to you. I’ve linked my favorite discounts below!
- 20% discount off Hunter Original.
- Apple music for 1/2 off! I use this every month. They also have up to $300 off a Mac or $20 off an iPad Pro.
- 30% off adidas (this one is so good it’s only for a limited time!)
- PINK – Victoria’s Secret 15% off.
- 10% off Finish Line, they have the BEST shoes.
- MAC Cosmetics, no I’m not joking.
- Urban Outfitters! My favorite, 10% off.
- 20% off Joe’s Jeans & 15% off Levi’s.
- $100 in delivery credit for Postmates. When I travel anywhere I ALWAYS use postmates and let me just tell you it’s changed my life. Pancakes delivered at 12 pm along with Cake. Cookies brought to your hotel room. I LOVE it.
- 10% off at PacSun & Forever 21.
- Gym Shark, I just found this one out & I’m so excited to use it!
- 1-800-Flowers 15% off! For you mom or guy.. when you want to make your girls day, I got you.
- 10% off ASOS which is already cheap & has deals allll the time.
- 20% off at American Eagle, their the dye t-shirts are so soft & cute!
- Show Me Your Mumu, I would buy everything if I could.
- $15 off your first Uber Ride.
- $15% off every box at HelloFresh!!
They even have discounts for things like hotels & travel, tech gear, and software.
Did you know after being diagnosed with breast cancer one of the first things they tell you is to stop using regular deodorant? Although the research connecting the two is inconclusive they are still asked to stop using deodorants with aluminum because of the way it can react with radiation. Many people also believe after shaving if you cut yourself it’s easier for your body to absorb toxic ingredients in your deodorants.
After finding this out switching to an all-natural deodorant was a no brainer because I was already leaning that way anyways. Not only do you feel better knowing exactly what’s in it, it seems to work a lot better for me. I’ve tried every kind and brand of deodorant including clinical strength options. Below are a few natural deodorants I’ve used/had recommended to me.
- Schmidt’s Naturals – I’ve been using the cedar + juniper, but I think next time I will order the rose + vanilla or the ylang-ylang + calendula. If you have sensitive skin they also have a fragrance-free version!
- Kopari Beauty Coconut Deodorant – I’ve heard amazing things about this aluminum-free deodorant and it has an auto-ship option which is great for me because I always forget until I’m completely out. I’m going to try the ship every 2 months option and see how I like it. Also love that its coconut, for some reason I’ve found coconut seems to work best for me at lasting all day, is that a real thing? or in my head? Lol.
- Lavanila Deodorant – Aluminum-free and Kourtney Kardashian approved.
- Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant – Recently tested out a few other products from them & I’m betting this one is just as good.
- Native Deodorant – 4.69 out of 5 stars with 6,332 reviews. I’d say this one is definitely worth me testing. Also comes in yummy flavors. (Coconut & Vanilla, Rose & Lavender, and Gardenia & Orchid).
It seems quite silly that I’m so excited about deodorant, but seriously I can’t wait to try all of them and see how they compare. I already have 8 sticks in my bathroom drawer. I’ll keep you updated on which ones I’m loving.
When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
I know I normally only post about one product but there is a few I want to share to get up to date again.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Shadow Palette. I know I’m late to the game here but this palette actually changed my life. I’m sure you’re thinking yeah yeah another shadow palette. I would trade every shadow palette I have for this one. I will never use another make-up palette if I can help it. They are INSANELY pigmented. I have to use the tiniest bit of product to do my shadow everyday. These colors are perfect for brown eyes, but they would look amazing on any eyes. The colors are cohesive but different enough to make so many different looks.
The perfect pink lipstick. Finding a pink lipstick that has the perfect undertones to not make my teeth look yellow is so hard (a continual struggle). The formula is so creamy but is matte which I love. I have a few retro matte lipsticks that dry my lips out SO BAD, but this formula is a lot more moisturizing. (it’s called REALLY ME if the link doesn’t pull the correct color).
The biggest game changer of all. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder!! Wow. I apply this under my eyes and in my T Zone in the morning with a damp beauty blender and it lasts ALL DAY. I don’t get oil break through as the day goes on and it gives my skin a flawless smooth look. This is definitely busy body approved because I will go hours without looking at myself in the mirror and I don’t get scared when I finally see my reflection.
I want to finish off this post by talking a little bit about the New Year. There are so many resolutions to choose from, but this year the one that I chose is to conquer my fears. To be brave. To take every opportunity that presents itself. I’ve been debating jumping out of a plane, but we’ll see if it actually happens. You don’t have to wait until a New Year to change. You have the power to change at any time. To take the world by storm and make it your own. My story is TO BE CONTINUED…