I’ve had a few people reach out asking about what I use and do for my skin to keep it clear, so I decided create a post for everyone to read! I have always had really good skin, but we all go through phases where our skin can get really bad and I’m in one of those right now! It can be hard to pinpoint what is making you breakout. I like to go through every single thing I do throughout the day to help figure out what could be going on. Ask yourself the following questions.
- Is your pillowcase clean? Always be sure you have clean pillowcases, wash them every other week! Don’t use heavy softeners or detergents.
- Are you touching your face a lot or talking on the phone? Be sure to sanitize your phone once a week (at least) and try not to touch your face and keep them clean if you do.
- Do you wash your face after working out and getting sweaty?
- Are your hands clean when applying products to your face?
- Do you eat poorly? (fried foods, high sugar, high fat, unhealthy foods) What you put into your body will reflect in your skin.
- Is your face-wash too drying? Test it out, if after washing your skin is so tight and dry it feels like it could crack, find a new one it could be causing your to overproduce oil and clog your pores!
Of course there are things that you cannot control like stress and hormones, that is why I’ve also created list of tips and products I use to help!
1. Neutrogena – Acne Treatment Pads
The Rapid Clear Daily Acne Treatment Pads are something I like to use on a regular basis when my skin is breaking out. It’s gentle enough to use every day and significantly reduces my breakouts and prevents any new ones from coming.
2. Mario Badescu – Drying Lotion
This acne spot treatment has had a lot of buzz around it lately. Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars, Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl and Huda Kattan founder of HUDA Beauty love this brand! It’s a fast acting acne treatment that can shrink pimples overnight. What’s nice about this product is that it’s good enough for the celebs, but it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. A little bit goes a long ways.
3. Clarisonice – Skin Cleansing System
Let me just start out by saying this brush cleans your face SIX TIMES better than washing your face with your hands or with a wash cloth. It gets rid of all the oil and dirt and clears out your pores. There are different interchangeable brush heads for deep cleaning, sensitive skin, acne cleansing, radiance ect. This is a preventative step although it can help clear up problem acne.
4. Eat healthy & drink lots of water!
Carrots, nuts, leafy greens, flaxseed, whole grains, fatty acids (avocados), fruit (berries, lemons, bananas), and water! All of these things are very important for your skin to help get the necessary nutrients to keep your skin healthy, radiant, and glowing.
Remember I’m no dermatologist these are just tips and tricks I’ve picked up a long the way that have worked for me.