Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer is my ride or die (wow that’s a mouthful). The formula is perfect because it’s very lightweight. It gives you a good amount of coverage but it’s not thick so it never creases! It lasts all day long and blends in easily. The concealer comes in a tube with an easy application wand. I apply it in upside down triangles under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead and chin. This gives you the most natural look instead of only doing your dark circles. I blend it out with the beauty blender and set it will a banana powder. I use the fair neutral color because I’m usually very pale, but I also have the light color and the formula is consistent between colors. If you love MAC’s Pro Longwear concealer you’ll love this one!
It’s no secret the Beauty Blender sponge is one of the greatest make-up application products on the market, so I decided to write some tips to help you use it like a pro!
- Saturate the sponge in water! Squeeze (don’t wring because it will tear!) out the excess water and if needed give it a squeeze in a wash cloth or paper towel to get it just damp enough. Keep it moist as you continue to use it in your beauty routine (I use a beauty water from LUSH).
- Use cold water! If you use warm water it makes your sponge smell musky.
- When applying foundation don’t put the product directly on the sponge, use a mixing plate or the back of your hand to help you get an even coverage.
- Pounce and press your make-up in to get the best natural blending results. Rubbing will wipe off your product or create lines and we don’t want to do that so dab it into your skin!
- When using the sponge around and under your eyes squeeze it to make the tip smaller to get into all those crevices.
- DRY SPONGE! Did you know because of the denseness when the sponge is dry its perfect for packing on loose powder or erasing mistakes such as too much blush!
- WASH IT! Any anti-bacterial soap will work, baby soap, hand soap! Just make sure to keep it clean. The sponge needs to be cleaned just as often as your make-up brushes.
- Replace your Beauty Blender every few months, the sponge will start to lose its shape and break down.
- After using it make sure to leave it out to dry! Don’t immediately put it in a makeup bag to help you avoid creating bacteria which can cause unwanted breakouts!
- If you use a sunless tanner, the blending sponge is a great way to evenly blend it out on your face instead of trying to use a big mitt that you used on your entire body.
Hopefully these tips will help you better understand how to get the most out of your beauty blending sponge! I’m sure in no time you all will be looking like your own MUA’s. If you have any questions about beauty tips please send them to me on the Contact Me page! Knowledge is power.
This is the beauty blender I use from Real Techniques! I don’t use the Beautyblender brand because they’re more expensive for the same thing.
There’s a new silicone sponge that’s been all over the place lately, so me and my sister decided to try it out because we both love our beauty blender sponges so much. After trying the silisponge/bubble blender we’re both in love with this product and use it everyday now! This sponge has saved me SO MUCH product, unlike the beauty blender this sponge doesn’t absorb your product. I use half of the amount of foundation I was using before and it made my make-up look so much smoother. I’ve found it works better if you dab it in (I pounce and press in circles spreading the product) to create a flawless look. Dragging to spread doesn’t work with this product because you get lines in your make-up. Plus this sponge is seriously easy to clean. This product is a must have for everyone, you really have to try it out to see how amazing it is!
Available for Purchase: www.mollycosmeticsshop.com
Here’s a Cheaper Version from Amazon: www.amazon.com/silisponge