Okay we’re a little bit late on this one, but better late than never AMIRIGHT?? I think I am. June has been crazy and I cannot believe it’s almost the 4th of July! I’ve been waiting for fireworks & BBQs for SO LONG! I’ve been using my youtube app a lot lately watching make-up tutorials, one I am loving is Desi Perkins. She is a glow & brow queen, everything she makes really is so awesome. Definitely check her out. Also her make-up room is to DIE for, if there was one thing in life I could have THIS WOULD BE IT!!
- I’ve NEVER been a fan of blush before, until I found this color from Tarte. I always end up looking too flushed and red. This blush is different, it’s subtle and the perfect color for my pale pale complexion.
- My new favorite lipgloss in the color creme brûlée & its $3.69 at Target.
- I’m SO excited to share this Protein Water. YES!! Protein water. I absolutely hate protein shakes, but these… these are AMAZING. 60 calories. 0 sugar. 15g protein. Depending on the flavor the protein is 10-15 grams. I got the variety pack with 15g.
- I ordered this jumpsuit for my trip to Seattle. Since I’ve been home I’ve worn it multiple times & I try to wear it every chance I get. It’s seriously comfy and can be dressed up or down.
- I’ve been looking for a pair of platform sandals for a minute and found these black Steven Madden ones. Also considering these ones with a white sole.
- Brought home this pair of Nike’s from the 5 floors of bliss Nordstrom store in Washington.
- HAIR ACCESSORIES… Anyone else been loving this trend?? Found this cute Bandana pony scarf. Maybe I’ll make a full post with all the fun things I’ve found recently, we’ll see.
- Nothing says summer like an eyelet blouse.
- Summer also means a lot of weddings to attend. I love this pocketed fringe dress.
- This Tommy Tee is so cute, it could even work for the 4th of July that isn’t so 4th of July.
- Gingham and tie front, this shirt is a winner.
- Might need one more swimsuit to get thru the summer, this striped lace-up front one piece will do.
Love all the cute clothes on vicicollection.com. They always have a 20% discount going on & you can find the code on their Instagram but really they already have great prices!
Going through a home decor obsessed phase so I’ve been spending a fair amount of time on crateandbarrel.com.
I read 2 books by Shari Lapena and both were SO GOOD. I’ve been into mystery thrillers lately and I couldn’t put either one of these down. I read A Stranger in The House and The Couple Next Door.
This post is a little different from my typical posts about make-up or fashion and I hope that’s okay. I felt inspired to write this post dedicated to girls out there who feel just like me. The girls who always feel like they love more. I can’t tell you that I have found the guy who was worth the wait and heartbreak, but I can tell you he is out there.
To the girl who is still with him:
You’re worth more than this. You deserve better. You might not see it now, but you will one day. I’ve been in that place where I accepted less than I deserved. I always knew I wasn’t getting what I wanted from my relationship, but people have a way of making you feel crazy. Like you’re asking for too much. Respect, love, even assurance are all important things. Everyone has a different love language. No one deserves to be with someone who makes you question your worth or what you mean to them. The right guy will constantly be reminding you. He will not put himself in a place where he could possibly lose you because he can’t bear the thought of living without you. You are strong enough to leave and it will be worth waiting for the right one. I promise you are worth it and you CAN find it. You deserve to be happy.
To the girl in the dating scene:
The dating scene can be one of the most frustrating things. People will waste your time and play games while you are looking for something more, something that’s real and will last. You always put everything into everyone else and that’s what makes you so special. Do not forget that. No matter how people make you feel it doesn’t make you weak, it makes you strong. You have this incredible ability to love and feel. The right person is going to see you for exactly who you are. They will see the value of a good heart. When you find someone who wants to try, don’t hold back or hold things against them because of your past. Give them everything you’ve got because you only have one life and one chance. This love you’re looking for will find you and it will be too good to let someone who didn’t see your value spoil it for you.
To the girl who isn’t ready to date yet:
Until you find something that is worth your time focus on yourself. Put that energy you put into others back into yourself. When the one you’ve long been waiting for comes, you have to be ready. Knowing yourself first is very important because you can’t love someone else if you don’t truly love who you are. A wise woman once told me in order to be loved you must first be lovable. Find that girl. Love that girl. Prepare yourself to be a good girlfriend, wife, or mother. Whatever you want to be, you have to grow into that person. Read books, study things that interest you and most of all set goals for yourself. I have taken cooking classes, travelled to new places and spent hours at the gym. Discover new things about yourself. He will see you doing your thing and he will come.
Remember, what is meant for you will not pass you by. Look for the good if you are struggling, you will find it. Look for the bad and you will find it.