When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
A good make-up brush is just as important as the quality of make-up you’re using to create the perfect blended look. I noticed my shadows were looking a bit muddy not because of the make-up but because of the brushes I was using to apply. I’ve heard amazing things about Sigma and Morphe Brushes. I decided to order a Morphe Brush Set to give me a little bit of everything to try out. I picked a natural hair set and it has made the biggest difference especially with my shadows. The brushes I was using before were synthetic and very flimsy. Morphe’s brushes are soft enough to blend and firm enough to keep my colors separated and clean. They’re high quality especially for how inexpensive they are and super cute! The set came with a travel snap case which has been great for traveling and keeping them clean! I was a little worried that the bristles were all white, but they’ve cleaned up easily and look brand new after washing!
The set I ordered was the 10 Piece Deluxe Set with Ostrich Skin Snap Case and below is a list of the brushes it included.
|Flat Bronzer Brush
|Angle Blush Brush
|Soft Fan Brush
|Eye Shadow Fluff Brush
|Precision Eye Shadow Brush
|Crease Blender Brush
|Bullet Crease Brush
The Eye Shadow Fluff Brush, Precision Eye Shadow Brush, blending brush, crease blender brush, and crease brush have been my favorite and most used for sure but all are amazing!
Lipsticks in general are always going to be a trend, but they’re majorly big right now in liquid form. I know we all want the perfect application for lipstick, but a big step I think a lot of people miss is exfoliating your lips! Chapstick or lip balm isn’t enough to keep your lips silky smooth, they need to be exfoliated to remove dry skin and dead cells. Thus my first step to getting the perfect lipstick application every time.
- Start with exfoliating. There are a bunch of lip exfoliators out there, but I use a cheap e.l.f. one I got from Target for only $3 and it does a good job (I’ve also heard great things about Tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea Lip Scrub.)
- Moisturize. Make sure you’re applying a chapstick regularly to keep your lips kissably soft. Before lipstick, I apply a small amount of Burt’s Bee’s Lip Balm to my lips to “prime” the area if you will. You only need enough to make your lips feel a bit tacky. (If you use a lot of a slippery chapstick the lipstick won’t go on well).
- Line your lips! Lipstick looks SO MUCH BETTER when you line your lips. It gives you a crisp fine line. I start by drawing an X on my cupids bow and work my way down and around. Then I fill in a little on the edges and right in the center to help blend it out so you don’t get a crazy line. (DISCLAIMER: If you want to over line your lips only do so towards the top and bottom not the corners of your mouth because you can see where your mouth ends and it will look weird if you draw too far beyond the edge).
- APPLY THE LIPSTICK! Start with the edges and move in to the center. Some people use a lip brush, but if it already comes with a wand I will just use that.
TA-DAA! Now you know how to perfectly apply your lipstick every single time!!
I’ve been searching for the perfect matte nude liquid lipstick and I haven’t been able to find it yet, but I did find the perfect creamy nude lipstick color from MAC! I have a hard time finding pinky nude color lipsticks because with my skin tone they all seem to look more orange that I like, but this one doesn’t. It’s called FLESHPOT, a pale-muted pinky beige satin lipstick. I wear this color every single day now!
Available for Purchase: www.maccosmetics.com/fleshpot
If you’ve read my blog before, you know I LOVE Tarte products, specifically their eyeshadows! When I heard about their tarteist PRO palette I had to have it. It’s not much more cost wise than their other tartelette palettes that only have 12 colors and this one has 20! Every single color is amazing. There are 16 ultra-pigmented matte colors and 4 iridescent luster shades that have a micro-shimmer (NOT a glitter that falls all over your face, which I LOVE). You really can create endless looks with this palette because it has a mix of mild and bold colors. They say it is perfect for all skill levels and they’re not kidding. Like all Tarte shadows you don’t need a primer because it is made with amazonian clay. They blend so seamlessly it takes very little man power to get them exactly how you want them. I’ve really been surprised at how much I use the MOD color. It was very out of my element (or so I thought) but it gives the best warm pop to my eyes. This palette is right on trend with all the colors and looks that are big right now! I also love the luster shades (on the right), they are the perfect shimmery accent. I love to use the color trendy on my bottom liner or glam on the inner corners of my eyes. (BONUS: this formula is Paraben and Phthalate free! Tarte also doesn’t test on animals!) As if you needed any more reason to love this brand.
Available for Purchase: www.tartecosmetics/com/PROamazonianclaypalette
My all-time favorite go to palette is Tarte’s Tartelette Amazonian Clay matte palette. I love this palette because all the colors are usable and it’s not one you buy just for a few of the colors because they’re all amazing! This palette is perfect for brown eyes because it has subtle hues of purple, but is beautiful on anyone (just look at Tammy Hembrow). These colors stay all day and you don’t need a primer because it is amazonian clay. With the variety of colors you can create a chic daytime champagne colored day time look or a sultry night time look.
Available for Purchase: www.tartecosmetics.com/tartelette
Cleaning your make-up brushes is everyone’s least favorite part about make-up. I’ve tried a few different methods and this is the one I’ve found to get even my dirtiest brushes the cleanest. It’s also the easiest way I’ve found to keep your brushes like-new. I use the SIGMA SPA® BRUSH CLEANING MAT along with Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. The mat sticks right to the bottom of your sink and has 7 patented textures perfect for cleaning eye and face brushes. I start by wetting my brushes with warm water and putting the baby soap directly on the mat. I swirl and wipe my brushes back and forth, rinsing and repeating until my bubbles are white. I lay my brushes on a wash cloth to dry after I’ve fixed their forming and hang the mat over my towel bar to dry. Could this seriously get any easier? I LOVE this mat.
Available for Purchase: www.sigmabeauty.com
There’s a new silicone sponge that’s been all over the place lately, so me and my sister decided to try it out because we both love our beauty blender sponges so much. After trying the silisponge/bubble blender we’re both in love with this product and use it everyday now! This sponge has saved me SO MUCH product, unlike the beauty blender this sponge doesn’t absorb your product. I use half of the amount of foundation I was using before and it made my make-up look so much smoother. I’ve found it works better if you dab it in (I pounce and press in circles spreading the product) to create a flawless look. Dragging to spread doesn’t work with this product because you get lines in your make-up. Plus this sponge is seriously easy to clean. This product is a must have for everyone, you really have to try it out to see how amazing it is!
Available for Purchase: www.mollycosmeticsshop.com
Here’s a Cheaper Version from Amazon: www.amazon.com/silisponge