Finally feeling inspired again to get back to my writing and blogging. Thank you to everyone who has followed along it has meant so much to me the sweet messages that I receive. Blogging is a huge thing and something hard and scary to break into, but hey if nothing else it’s a personal journal for me!
My first favorite I have found is the L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara. I get the washable formula, but they do make a waterproof! I’ve used a few L’Oreal and other brands mascara and there is NONE that compare. The first time I used it I was hooked. The formula makes them dramatically long and dark (I use it only on my lower lashes because I have extensions). I have naturally long lashes plus with this mascara they look just like top lashes! It’s so cheap too which I love because there are tons of other expensive things and for this to only be $9.99 really makes it attainable for everyone.
Next isn’t make up but I still have been obsessed with it. The Batiste Dry Shampoo!! Holy grail of dry shampoo. Hallelujah and thank the Lord!! I don’t even know what it is that makes this stuff so great, but it brushes out very nicely and works like a wonder. Using it will make my hair last days longer than normal. They have different smells (thank you Batiste) I really love that because I was previously using the LUSH powder dry shampoo but it only comes in one scent which I don’t like. Batiste even comes in TINTED versions. I’m extremely happy the beauty industry is finally looking out for us brunettes! Only $7.99, we’re bargainers right now because I’m saving up for a new car.
Finally we have our cream shadow the Pro Longwear Paint Pots from MAC! I bought both the Painterly and Soft Ochre. I use them as a base shadow/primer. The Painterly color is a soft pink and soft ochre is a more yellow hued color. The yellow would also be great to outline and define the edges of your brows also (for medium skin tones)! They are both really pretty colors if you just use them with a crease color or even if you build on top of, they just make your colors brighter and better all around. I use my finger to apply and blend them out, you could also use a concealer brush. I promise they’re not scary or intimidating, I know the word cream makes you think it will be hard to blend out but these are easy. I’ve used these before but forgot they existed until recently and I’m glad I rediscovered them!
Let me know via DM or on my contact me page what you would like to see or things you have questions about.
Washing, drying, and styling your hair every single day is an unwanted hassle and is so time consuming! Did you know by washing your hair too much you could actually be damaging it? Shampooing too often can leave your hair feeling dry, making it prone to breakage. It could also have the opposite effect you’re going for and cause your scalp to over produce oil making it greasy faster. I train my hair so it lasts longer between washes and you can too! My hair grows very quickly and is always shiny and healthy looking. All this requires is a little patience because training your hair overnight doesn’t work. If you wash your hair everyday start by washing it every other day, you’ll notice the less you wash it the less you will need to wash it. Of course at first it will be super gross because it is used to being washed everyday so prepare for hat and ponytail days. Your hair will get used to your routine and will produce less oils. The thicker your hair is the longer you can go without washing. Everyone is different and not all of us are lucky enough to only have to wash our hair every four days. You can determine how long your hair can go without getting too gross. Things like working out and the weather can effect how long you can go. Here are a few tips I use to make my washes last longer.
- Dry Shampoo – chances are you’re probably using this product wrong (I was too!). Dry shampoo needs to be applied BEFORE your hair looks and feels greasy. Use it on day one hair and everyday after to help absorb as much oil as possible.
- Conditioner – while in the shower only apply a small amount of conditioner to your ends careful to avoid the scalp!
- Oils & Products – don’t put too much product in your hair even on just your ends! Decide what is absolutely a necessity for you and get rid of the other products. You may think by applying oils to the ends of your hair it’s not going to make your hair greasy – WRONG – it travels up your strand of hair and gets to your scalp.
- Boar Brush – using a boar brush will help you evenly distribute the oils from the top of your end through your ends so the build-up isn’t at your roots. (Most people say to brush out tangles with another brush and then use this one!)
- Pull it back – when working out, showering, AND when sleeping! Something I never thought about was when you go to sleep with hair or skin that needs to be washed the oil transfers onto your pillow case (make sure to wash them often). When you lay down again with clean hair it can make it dirty and oily!
- Don’t Touch it! – if you haven’t noticed the more you touch your hair the greasier it looks. That’s because the oils from your palms transfer to your hair! Try not to mess with your bangs or brushing it back in the same spot over and over.
Some people even take it a step further and use a clarifying shampoo every few weeks to get rid of all the build-up of oil they have. Another this I’ve seen a lot is an apple cider rinse, but that seems silly to me because for me its about avoiding having to wash, dry and style continuously.
Thanks for reading! Let me know how these tips work for you or if they’re something you already practice! Keep those locks luscious girl.