For those of you who follow along on my Instagram for my blog @ninexxnine you probably already saw this recipe, but here is a solid copy that doesn’t disappear in 24 hours! I make these on Sunday for my week and eat them whenever I’m needing a little burst of energy. I love them before the gym or after work. The best thing about these little bites is that if you have a sweet tooth this will help satisfy that and it’s not bad for you!
1 C. Old Fashion Oats
2/3 C. (Natural) Peanut Butter
1/3 C. Flaxseed Meal
2-3 TBS Honey
1/3 Chocolate Chips
2 TBS Chia Seeds
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. *Note: if you decide to add the Chia seeds add a little extra honey so that everything still sticks together good when you’re making them into balls. Allow them to chill in the fridge for an hour. Scoop them into bite size pieces using a cookie scoop and store them in a tupperware container until you’re ready for them!
So easy and yummy! I made them for my boyfriend and now he asks me all the time to make more for him!
This post is all about the easy everyday products you use that can be swapped for a healthier option without any sacrifices on taste!
- Swap regular milk for Almond Milk. I love the vanilla flavor and they make sweetened or unsweetened depending on how daring you are! I use it in my pancakes, cereal, and mix it in with my eggs.
- Protein Pancake Mix. Kodiak cakes are delicious and good for you! (and they’re local to Utah, woot woot represent!) We use it in my house to make waffles, pancakes, and even lightly bread our chicken (to die for!!). There are tons of other recipes on their website that you can find for things like biscuits, muffins, and even pizza!
- Greek yogurt is so yummy (not just with fresh fruit). It can be used to substitute for mayo in dips like ranch!
- Swap out white rice for brown rice, or if you’re feeling like trying something a little out of your comfort level quinoa. Both are a yummy healthier alternative.
- Natural peanut butter. It’s a split second decision in the grocery store, but the taste is no different!
- This swap tastes different, but is still yummy and makes you feel better when eating something not so good. Lettuce for hamburger buns! Don’t miss out on the yummy summer BBQ goods. There are ways to get the best of both worlds!
- Coconut oil has so many uses and one of those is in cooking! It’s a good swap out for fatty foods like olive oil.
- Frozen yogurt is one of my favorite treats. Ice cream is high in fat, sugar, and calories. Frozen yogurt is light and doesn’t leave you feeling guilty. (Yasso bars are my fav).
- Pasta is everyones favorite and you can still eat it while being healthy. Wheat pasta is a good option that doesn’t change the texture at all. Zoodles are another option (zucchini noodles).
- If you haven’t already trade in that white bread for whole wheat!
Whenever I feel like grabbing a crappy snacking food I think about what kind of nutritional value it has. Is it going to leave me feeling empty and hungry again in an hour. Instead of a bag of chips grab some veggies. Eating right is a lifestyle change and it can seem overwhelming with information but you just have to take it one step at a time. You got this!