Hey girl, how are ya? Welcome back, I’m about to speak some knowledge to you & blow your mind. Today I’m sharing with you all the best vitamins for us specifically. Probably things that should have been included in our maturation program if we’re being real, but no worries. I’m here! I’ve done my research & I’m ready to share with all of you.
It’s no secret the female body is extremely complex. Our hormone cycles every 28 days & along with the magic abilities we have to give life we also have those days when we are just feeling out of whack & quite frankly crazy. I know we’ve all been there sitting in our cars watching a video about a dog or some random news story that makes us bawl & pretty soon we’re back to reality.
One of the biggest key vitamins that we are deficient in is Magnesium! Magnesium plays a HUGE part in helping to regulate your hormones. There are endless benefits but to name a few :
- PMS, it can help to balance your mood by regulating progesterone on the central nervous system & decreases anxiety by regulating Cortisol.
- Energy! When you are feeling sluggish & tired during that spectacular time of the month, magnesium will provide you with energy. It also allows you to sleep better.
- Cramps. If you’re like me I’ve always struggled with painful period, magnesium will help relax your contracting muscles.
- Sweet Cravings. Did you know that craving chocolate is often times your bodies way of telling you that you need magnesium? Dark chocolate is magnesium rich.
Within the average american diet females are only getting 50% of their daily amount. What can we do to increase this number?
1- Eat more magnesium rich foods. I’ve listed a few common ones below :
- Dark Chocolate
- Brown Rice
2- Take a magnesium supplement! Daily recommended amount on average is 320 mg.
Next major supplement is a B-Complex. B vitamins help your body convert food into energy. A b-complex consists of 8 different vitamins.
- B-1 is Thiamin. It enables carbs to be used as energy. It plays a key role in nerve, muscle & heart function.
- B-2 Riboflavin helps your body break down fat.
- B-3 Niacin allows you to maintain healthy skin, nerves & digestion.
- B-5 Pantothenic Acid is essential for the heath of the brain & nervous system.
- B-6 Pyridoxine helps you to make more red blood cells & upkeep a strong immune system.
- B-7 Biotin. I’m sure you’re familiar with this one. It helps you grow healthy hair, nails & skin.
- B-9 Folic Acid is important for proper brain function & emotional and mental health.
- B-12 Cobalamin is required for your nerve & blood cells. It also prevents anemia, supports your bones & improves your mood.
Vitamin D, this is the vitamin we get from the Sun! It helps us absorb calcium which helps us build & keep strong bones.
K1 & K2 play important roles in blood clotting, promoting good bone & heart health.
I hope this knowledge & testing out these vitamins help you feel like the best you possible. You are really the only one who knows what your body specifically needs & if something makes a difference and helps you.