I constantly feel like I’m sick of everything in my closet and so I finally decided to clean it all out and start fresh. Taking it back to basics and getting a good base for a well-rounded closet was the plan. Now I can add in items for each season and trends as they change. I tried to keep things pretty neutral with non-basic basic tees, graphic tees, tanks, and a few good button ups. Below is some of those items I’ve picked for my closet & cute things to add to your closet!
- Basic Tee’s. I got this 2-pack of black and white tees from ASOS for only $16! Also love this Hanes x Karla crew neck tee & this Black Tee with a split neck.
- A good striped tee is a staple in my closet. Here is one similar to the one that I have.
- Chambray-style front tie denim top – can you say backyard BBQ uniform?
- This ruffle sleeve twisted hem top is everything & comes in multiple colors.
- Cutest free people tank is a have-to-have for me because I can wear it to workout or casually because summer is SO CLOSE here! Here is a similar one because it is out of stock in my size.
- Been dying over this Levi’s Red Tee, just got shipping confirmation for it & can’t wait!
- This peasant top gives me summer/beachy feels & makes me want to take a vacation to Hawaii just so I can buy it.
- Vertical striped front tie button up. All of my favorites in one.
- Another ruffle sleeved top, this one is embroidered & is sitting in my cart right now.
- Twist detail tee, I am loving the Teal Surf color & it comes in 3 other colors.
I have some questions for you on this one!
What are some of your favorite places to shop for tops?
Fav places for shoes?
Fav places for jeans?
Send me a message and let me know!
I struggle with not only finding a nice black pair of jeans, but keeping a nice pair of black jeans BLACK. I’ve gone through so many different pairs and they always end up looking grey and faded. Flying Monkey jeans are by far my favorite brand of jeans so when I found these babies with rips in the knees at a local boutique I HAD to have them (fall is still a ways away but I couldn’t wait!). These will now be my favorite go to pair because they are so soft and comfy and they look hot hot hot! BONUS they’re not too expensive especially for the quality of these pants.
You can find them HERE! or if you’re local to Utah I found them at Bohme.
One of my favorite ways to get myself motivated and excited about going to the gym is a new cute outfit to wear to the gym! I know it doesn’t last forever, but the new outfit will definitely get you through your rut. Here are a few of my favorite must-have workout items and some cute things I found on my favorite websites.
- Lululemon Pants Align II – Say what you will about the price, but these pants are seriously amazing and worth every penny. I purchased a few pairs from Victoria’s Secret and I hate them, they’re so tight and restricting I never wear them. I definitely would have been better off just buying another pair of the world’s softest workout pants. There is nothing that compares, it is like being naked.
- Marble Print Crop Top – I wear this top everywhere. It’s so cute and goes with black, white, pink, and grey bottoms. If you can’t tell, I like neutral colors.
- Adidas Tubulars – I cannot find the pair of tubulars I have anywhere online because I found them at a footlocker in Vegas, but I did find a cuuuteee pair of pale pink ones I’m dying over.
- Tie Back Tank – Yogi inspired tank that is perfect for all workouts. Perfect for glute day so you can check up on your booty gains.
- Cross Sports Bra – so edgy and cute, this sports bra is a win win because it’s only $16!
- Cropped Pink Tee – Loose, rolled sleeved plain tee. I have this is white and I wear it to the gym and with a pair of shorts and some sneaks on a regular basis. It’s so cute and easy plus its comfy but doesn’t look lazy.
I hope this gives you a little bit of inspo to get you back in the gym and looking better than ever!
I made this list with the college girl on a budget in mind. It is a list of a few articles of clothing that you can use in so many different outfits this summer that way you have to buy less!
- White Soft & Sexy Tie Front Tee
I found this t-shirt at American Eagle and fell in love the second I saw it. Pair this top with a pair of jeans and a blocked heel for a casual girls lunch. Got a date night? Slip on a curve hugging pencil skirt and some heels! This shirt is perfect to wear to an outdoor concert with a denim jacket. You could even go for a festival look with denim shorts, a black belt and some boots. Need a swimsuit cover up on the boat? No problem.
2. Black Bomber Jacket
This piece will work year round, but is perfect when paired with some comfy leggings for a summer movie night at the theater. Wear it over a bodysuit for a dressy date night or NBA game. Running errands? Jeans and some Adidas shoes will add the finishing touch for this street styled outfit.
3. Crochet Bodysuit
This cute crochet bodysuit doubles as a swimsuit! Wear it on one of those anything-can-happen nights.
4. Hoodie Matching Set
This cute matching set can be dressed up with heels, or dressed down with sliders or even sneakers. You can mix and match the top and the bottom with other pieces, the possibilities are endless!
5. Tee Dress
This tee dress is super comfy no matter how you wear it. A corset belt will give this dress a sexy curvy look. Wear a baseball hat for a causal running errands look.
This post is all about my favorite summer basics from one of my favorite stores Brandy Melville (and yes my car has their alien logo on it). All their clothes are beautiful and very affordable! Their line is now available at Nordstrom (in City Creek if you live in Utah!)
- The Simone Tank
This cute tank is so versatile. I would pair this with a cute pair of ripped jeans and nude heels for a lunch/shopping date. Throw a leather jacket over the top for a night out on the town.
2. Juliette Denim Skirt
Denim Skirts are back! The raw edging on this skirt gives it the perfect casual look. I would wear this with my superstar adidas and a t-shirt.
3. Reina Bodysuit
The perfect black tank that goes with everything! Chic and sexy by itself, but it can be dressed up or down.
4. Karla Dress
Gingham is a huge trend this summer, you can rock it in this casual summer dress!
5. Erica USA Sweatshirt
I am obsessing over this sweatshirt. Fourth of July (and 24th of July if you live in Utah) never looked so good. Throw this over shorts on a chilly summer night.
6. Coco Top
Two of my favorites in one. Wrap tops & blue hues. I’ve been loving blues and the vacay vibe for this summer!
7. Jenny Tube Top
Such a simple classy look. Sexy shoulders for date night. I would pair this top with a skirt or a cute pair of shorts and a short heeled sandal. Add a choker for a more intense/edgy look.
Lately I’ve been obsessed with slogan t-shirts. They’re just so comfy yet you look and feel chic, not like you would on a lazy day. They have tons of different ones with sayings and quotes and cute words of encouragement that make your day so much more fun (and create a great topic when you’re out and about talking with strangers). It’s an easy way to display your #mood for all to see. Here are some of my favorites!
Available for Purchase: www.bohme.com/seeyouthere
Available for Purchase: www.brandymelvilleusa.com/malibutop
Available for Purchase: www.nukashirt.com/drake
Available for Purchase: www.express.com/oneelevenmusicchoker
Available for Purchase: www.revolve.com/a-fine-line-boss
Available for Purchase: www.forever21.com/adultish
Available for Purchase: www.etsy.com/unfortunatecircumstances
Available for Purchase: www.na-kd.com/darlin’tee
Available for Purchase: www.etsy.com/catchflights
Available for Purchase: www.pacsun.com/saturday
Available for Purchase: www.forever21.com/feels
Available for Purchase: www.forever21.com/babemagnet
Available for Purchase: www.na-kd.com/grlpwrt-shirt
Available for Purchase: www.tillys.com/fulltilt1996
Available for Purchase: www.target.com/womensdistressedtee
Available for Purchase: www.tillys.com/ashleytisdale
Pantone has officially announced their top 10 Colors for this spring’s fashion trends so look out for them while shopping! They’re bright and springy this year unlike previous years. I’ve compiled outfits of a few of the colors you can see below!
Pantone Color – Kale
Photo 1: www.lulus.com/free-time-tank
Photo 2: www.lulus.com/lostinparadise
Pantone Color – Flame
Photo 1: www.lulus.com/with-feeling-foral-romper
Photo 2: www.express.com/crochettrimbandedhem
Photo 3: www.express.com/ribbedcoldshouldercutout
Pantone Color – Island Paradise
Photo 1: www.lulus.com/gentle-stream-off-the-shoulder
Photo 2: www.lulus.com/livoniabluechambrayjumpsuit
Photo 3: www.lulus.com/bucketbag
Pantone Color – Primrose Yellow
Photo 1: www.lulus.com/gone-with-the-wind-dress
Photo 2 (top): www.showpo.com/flourishmaxiskirt
Photo 3 (bottom): www.lulus.com/heart-of-marigold
Pantone Color – Pale Dogwood
Photo 1: www.lulus.com/got-me-moving
Photo 2 (top): www.ae.com/cagefront
Photo 2 (bottom) : www.lulus.com/chicpinkchoker
Photo 3: www.ae.com/off-the-shoulder
Photo 5: www.ae.com/keyholewrap