When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
I’m sorry if this post gives you PTSD like it does with me, but soften the blow a little bit and buy yourself a few supplies to get excited about it!
1. Tons of cute Note Pads
2. Velvet Pencils
3. Charging Key Chain
This made the list for obvious reasons. Moms calls are pretty important.
4. Good Reusable Water Bottle
With all the go go go you have to stay hydrated!
Staying organized is the only way to handle so much at once. A planner helps me a ton to make sure I never forget an appointment or an event. It also helps to get a visual on how much time you have before you have a test or paper due!
6. Gel Pens
7. Cute Packpack that will MAKE IT THROUGH THE YEAR!
Because we’ve all had that backpack that falls apart halfway through the year and we have to stick it out and make the best of the second half.
8. Quality Headphones
If you’re running around on campus and you want to avoid having to talk to people headphones are a must. KIDDING! But seriously when you’re in a noisy setting trying to study or unable to hear these are great and they’re wireless!
9. Pencil Pouch
To keep all the essentials together.
10. On The Go Coffee Cup
Good luck with your new school year! Remember that C’s get degrees, KIDDING again! Maybe.
I struggle with not only finding a nice black pair of jeans, but keeping a nice pair of black jeans BLACK. I’ve gone through so many different pairs and they always end up looking grey and faded. Flying Monkey jeans are by far my favorite brand of jeans so when I found these babies with rips in the knees at a local boutique I HAD to have them (fall is still a ways away but I couldn’t wait!). These will now be my favorite go to pair because they are so soft and comfy and they look hot hot hot! BONUS they’re not too expensive especially for the quality of these pants.
You can find them HERE! or if you’re local to Utah I found them at Bohme.
One of my favorite ways to get myself motivated and excited about going to the gym is a new cute outfit to wear to the gym! I know it doesn’t last forever, but the new outfit will definitely get you through your rut. Here are a few of my favorite must-have workout items and some cute things I found on my favorite websites.
- Lululemon Pants Align II – Say what you will about the price, but these pants are seriously amazing and worth every penny. I purchased a few pairs from Victoria’s Secret and I hate them, they’re so tight and restricting I never wear them. I definitely would have been better off just buying another pair of the world’s softest workout pants. There is nothing that compares, it is like being naked.
- Marble Print Crop Top – I wear this top everywhere. It’s so cute and goes with black, white, pink, and grey bottoms. If you can’t tell, I like neutral colors.
- Adidas Tubulars – I cannot find the pair of tubulars I have anywhere online because I found them at a footlocker in Vegas, but I did find a cuuuteee pair of pale pink ones I’m dying over.
- Tie Back Tank – Yogi inspired tank that is perfect for all workouts. Perfect for glute day so you can check up on your booty gains.
- Cross Sports Bra – so edgy and cute, this sports bra is a win win because it’s only $16!
- Cropped Pink Tee – Loose, rolled sleeved plain tee. I have this is white and I wear it to the gym and with a pair of shorts and some sneaks on a regular basis. It’s so cute and easy plus its comfy but doesn’t look lazy.
I hope this gives you a little bit of inspo to get you back in the gym and looking better than ever!
I am constantly buying new phone cases because I hate when mine get scratched up or discolored. My FAVORITE place to look is Nordstrom Rack. They always have the cutest cases and a bunch of discounted Sonix and LuMee cases. Here are a few I found that they have right now that are to DIE for!
- Sombrero Chic
3. Cherry Bomb
6. Pucker Up
7. Black Marble
8. Gold Glitter
You all know I’m a big fan of things you can do at home (dying your hair, dermaplaning). Really anything that saves you from having to go out into the world and spend a ton of money is a win in my book. Lately I’ve noticed a few of my Alex and Ani bracelets are looking really dirty so this is how I cleaned them!
Blue Dawn Dish Soap
A SOFT bristle toothbrush
I started by letting them soak in a soapy water solution for about 5 minutes. Next I putting a little dollop of soap on the soft toothbrush and scrubbed them down. After I patted them dry with a clean towel and laid them out to let them dry.
The bracelets aren’t supposed to be cleaned with jewelry cleaner because it has harsh chemicals that can ruin them. Their website says to use a polishing cloth, but I didn’t think this would work for mine because they were getting black marks.
I made this list with the college girl on a budget in mind. It is a list of a few articles of clothing that you can use in so many different outfits this summer that way you have to buy less!
- White Soft & Sexy Tie Front Tee
I found this t-shirt at American Eagle and fell in love the second I saw it. Pair this top with a pair of jeans and a blocked heel for a casual girls lunch. Got a date night? Slip on a curve hugging pencil skirt and some heels! This shirt is perfect to wear to an outdoor concert with a denim jacket. You could even go for a festival look with denim shorts, a black belt and some boots. Need a swimsuit cover up on the boat? No problem.
2. Black Bomber Jacket
This piece will work year round, but is perfect when paired with some comfy leggings for a summer movie night at the theater. Wear it over a bodysuit for a dressy date night or NBA game. Running errands? Jeans and some Adidas shoes will add the finishing touch for this street styled outfit.
3. Crochet Bodysuit
This cute crochet bodysuit doubles as a swimsuit! Wear it on one of those anything-can-happen nights.
4. Hoodie Matching Set
This cute matching set can be dressed up with heels, or dressed down with sliders or even sneakers. You can mix and match the top and the bottom with other pieces, the possibilities are endless!
5. Tee Dress
This tee dress is super comfy no matter how you wear it. A corset belt will give this dress a sexy curvy look. Wear a baseball hat for a causal running errands look.
This post is all about my favorite summer basics from one of my favorite stores Brandy Melville (and yes my car has their alien logo on it). All their clothes are beautiful and very affordable! Their line is now available at Nordstrom (in City Creek if you live in Utah!)
- The Simone Tank
This cute tank is so versatile. I would pair this with a cute pair of ripped jeans and nude heels for a lunch/shopping date. Throw a leather jacket over the top for a night out on the town.
2. Juliette Denim Skirt
Denim Skirts are back! The raw edging on this skirt gives it the perfect casual look. I would wear this with my superstar adidas and a t-shirt.
3. Reina Bodysuit
The perfect black tank that goes with everything! Chic and sexy by itself, but it can be dressed up or down.
4. Karla Dress
Gingham is a huge trend this summer, you can rock it in this casual summer dress!
5. Erica USA Sweatshirt
I am obsessing over this sweatshirt. Fourth of July (and 24th of July if you live in Utah) never looked so good. Throw this over shorts on a chilly summer night.
6. Coco Top
Two of my favorites in one. Wrap tops & blue hues. I’ve been loving blues and the vacay vibe for this summer!
7. Jenny Tube Top
Such a simple classy look. Sexy shoulders for date night. I would pair this top with a skirt or a cute pair of shorts and a short heeled sandal. Add a choker for a more intense/edgy look.
Lately I’ve been obsessed with slogan t-shirts. They’re just so comfy yet you look and feel chic, not like you would on a lazy day. They have tons of different ones with sayings and quotes and cute words of encouragement that make your day so much more fun (and create a great topic when you’re out and about talking with strangers). It’s an easy way to display your #mood for all to see. Here are some of my favorites!
Available for Purchase: www.bohme.com/seeyouthere
Available for Purchase: www.brandymelvilleusa.com/malibutop
Available for Purchase: www.nukashirt.com/drake
Available for Purchase: www.express.com/oneelevenmusicchoker
Available for Purchase: www.revolve.com/a-fine-line-boss
Available for Purchase: www.forever21.com/adultish
Available for Purchase: www.etsy.com/unfortunatecircumstances
Available for Purchase: www.na-kd.com/darlin’tee
Available for Purchase: www.etsy.com/catchflights
Available for Purchase: www.pacsun.com/saturday
Available for Purchase: www.forever21.com/feels
Available for Purchase: www.forever21.com/babemagnet
Available for Purchase: www.na-kd.com/grlpwrt-shirt
Available for Purchase: www.tillys.com/fulltilt1996
Available for Purchase: www.target.com/womensdistressedtee
Available for Purchase: www.tillys.com/ashleytisdale