Alright ladies & gentleman (if you’re a guy & you’re reading this just know I love you) it’s FINALLY here! I’ve tested and compiled a list of all my favorite drugstore products. I was honestly surprised after testing these because you really can’t tell that big of a difference between the prestige brands vs drugstore on certain products. I’m here to tell you it can be done!
Maybelline Master Blur Stick Primer
NYX Pore Filler Primer
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – I had heard so many people talk about this foundation, but I never believed that it could be good at the price point. WRONG. This foundation is now my everyday go to.
Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer – Seriously this bronzer smells like coconut dreams.
Maybelline Gel Eyeliner – Goes on like butter. Stays like sharpie.
L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise – My ride or die mascara.
Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter – I’m obsessed with these drops, a little goes a long ways I always blend with my fingers. This is liquid gold.
NYX Butter Gloss – They have so many awesome colors, but one of my favorites is creme brulee.
This one is a shout-out to my girls with oily skin because I am right there with you. In high school I had perfect skin, not too dry not oily and I had no idea how good I had it. Life happens and things change and now I get SUPER oily in my T-zone. One of the things you can do to help prevent the mid-day oil breakthrough is to find a good oil-free foundation. I’ve created this little cheat sheet of foundations that are oil-free! There is a shade, price, and coverage for everyone.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear
- Semi-Matte Finish
- Medium to Full Coverage
- 24 HR wear
2. Clinique Stay Matte
- Matte Finish
- Sheer to moderate coverage
3. Lorac POREfection
- Medium to Full coverage
- SPF 20
- Paraben & fragrance free
4. Maybeline Fit Me Matte + Poreless
- Natural matte finish
5. Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder
- Illuminated natural finish
- Light coverage
- SPF 15
6. Smashbox BB Water
- Sheer to medium coverage
- SPF 30
- Natural finish
7. Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect
- Medium-Full coverage
- SPF 35
- 16 HR wear
- Luminous matte-finish
8. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof
- Medium to full weightless coverage
- 24 HR wear
- Repels moisture
- Satin Finish
9. Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection
- Medium to full coverage
- Naturally Radiant
- Hyaluronic Acid infused
10. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR
- Demi-Matte Finish
- 24 HR wear
- Medium Coverage
11. Tarte Amazonian Clay
- Buildable Coverage
- Vegan & Hypoallergenic
- 12 HR
- Matte Finish
- SPF 15
There are tons of amazing oil-free foundations. Obviously I couldn’t list them all so do your research, read reviews and find the best fit for your skin!
When I first heard about this product I was surprised (in a very good way)! I love my Clarisonic but I never thought of them coming out with such an innovative product like this. If you don’t know what it is, Clarisonic is typically an electric face washing brush. It has interchangeable heads to do different things, but this make-up brush attachment is a game changer. Make-up by Mario helped launch this product so I knew it had to be good. I told my sister and she bought it and raved about it. I was thinking “I’m sure it’s super cool but is it really necessary? Probably not.” She ended up buying one for me because she wanted someone else could experience the joy this product brought. I genuinely thought she was being a weirdo. Well, she wasn’t. I don’t even know how to explain how amazing the sonic foundation brush is. I was shocked and confused as to how it works so beautifully until I researched. The brush uses a patented oscillation technology which allows it to generate 18,000 micro-blends per minute. It blends ANYTHING into your face flawlessly (concealer, foundation, color corrector). Using it required no effort or man power! You turn it on and let it work its magic while you just lightly move it around your face. The sonic head was mind blowingly quick, their claim is 60 seconds or less (its no joke). In reality this brush can replace so many others that you would usually use while applying make-up. I really cannot say enough good things about it, but I will say one more. It’s inexpensive for such a high quality product and I will definitely be buying more of them. MUAH MUAH MUAH from me.
I’ve been looking for a new Foundation for a while and I have finally found one that I am hooked on! I’ve loved every beauty product I’ve tried from Tarte, so I decided to give their Amazonian Clay Foundation a try. It’s full coverage which I feel is a must, but it isn’t heavy and it’s oil-free! Something a lot of people don’t know is that some foundations contain oil and that’s what is actually causing your face to become so greasy throughout the day. If you didn’t already know I’m extremely pale and I’ve had a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin, but Tarte has multiple colors that can work for my skin coloring. They even have a shade matcher where you can select the girl with the closest skin-tone to yours and it gives you 3 color options! Amazonian Clay has 25 total color options. Tarte has done such a good job at creating a perfect color and formula that works for everyone. If you don’t believe me read the reviews on this product, every single person loves it! It is SPF 15 adding a good extra layer of protection for your precious skin. Another plus is that is this foundation goes on and blends easily, it leaves you with a very naturally beautiful look.
It’s no secret the Beauty Blender sponge is one of the greatest make-up application products on the market, so I decided to write some tips to help you use it like a pro!
- Saturate the sponge in water! Squeeze (don’t wring because it will tear!) out the excess water and if needed give it a squeeze in a wash cloth or paper towel to get it just damp enough. Keep it moist as you continue to use it in your beauty routine (I use a beauty water from LUSH).
- Use cold water! If you use warm water it makes your sponge smell musky.
- When applying foundation don’t put the product directly on the sponge, use a mixing plate or the back of your hand to help you get an even coverage.
- Pounce and press your make-up in to get the best natural blending results. Rubbing will wipe off your product or create lines and we don’t want to do that so dab it into your skin!
- When using the sponge around and under your eyes squeeze it to make the tip smaller to get into all those crevices.
- DRY SPONGE! Did you know because of the denseness when the sponge is dry its perfect for packing on loose powder or erasing mistakes such as too much blush!
- WASH IT! Any anti-bacterial soap will work, baby soap, hand soap! Just make sure to keep it clean. The sponge needs to be cleaned just as often as your make-up brushes.
- Replace your Beauty Blender every few months, the sponge will start to lose its shape and break down.
- After using it make sure to leave it out to dry! Don’t immediately put it in a makeup bag to help you avoid creating bacteria which can cause unwanted breakouts!
- If you use a sunless tanner, the blending sponge is a great way to evenly blend it out on your face instead of trying to use a big mitt that you used on your entire body.
Hopefully these tips will help you better understand how to get the most out of your beauty blending sponge! I’m sure in no time you all will be looking like your own MUA’s. If you have any questions about beauty tips please send them to me on the Contact Me page! Knowledge is power.
This is the beauty blender I use from Real Techniques! I don’t use the Beautyblender brand because they’re more expensive for the same thing.
Cleaning your make-up brushes is everyone’s least favorite part about make-up. I’ve tried a few different methods and this is the one I’ve found to get even my dirtiest brushes the cleanest. It’s also the easiest way I’ve found to keep your brushes like-new. I use the SIGMA SPA® BRUSH CLEANING MAT along with Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. The mat sticks right to the bottom of your sink and has 7 patented textures perfect for cleaning eye and face brushes. I start by wetting my brushes with warm water and putting the baby soap directly on the mat. I swirl and wipe my brushes back and forth, rinsing and repeating until my bubbles are white. I lay my brushes on a wash cloth to dry after I’ve fixed their forming and hang the mat over my towel bar to dry. Could this seriously get any easier? I LOVE this mat.
Available for Purchase: www.sigmabeauty.com