With all the things we’re slathering on our faces it can get a little bit confusing what order they should go on to make sure they’re all being absorbed properly. What products do you need? What products are extra help? How often should I put them on? I’m here to answer your questions and help you get the best complexion possible.
- If you have make-up on begin with a remover. Do this every night.
- Next use a cleanser, when selecting a one make sure it is not too drying because this will cause your pores to overproduce oil. Wash in circular upwards motions and rinse well. Do this step everyday 2x a day. (If you don’t like using a make-up remover like me, wash your face twice. Once to remove make-up and the second to wash away oil and dirt buildup.)
- Exfoliator is the third, we also scrub in circular motions upwards and rinse well. It’s important to do this step 2-3 times a week to get rid of any dead skin and keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Toner! Toner is something everyone needs, not just those with acne problems. Apply a few drops to a cotton pad and wipe your face down. If you have oily skin do this morning and night, if you have dry skin only do it once a day.
- Spot Treatment.. If you do use a spot treatment on acne remember to only apply it to the areas that need treating and not to your whole face. This step is not mandatory and should only be done once a day.
- Serums go on the skin next. I use mine twice a day because it is so light and makes my skin feel extra moisturized but if it’s super oily maybe try only at nights.
- Eye cream is #7. If you’re younger you probably don’t need this step but it’s never too soon to get ahead of the anti-aging game. It’s best to use these at night.
- FINALLY we are to moisturizer! (A lot more steps than you thought, right?) Apply a generous amount of moisturizer all over your face morning and night.
- SPF. This step is only necessary in the morning when you’re going to be leaving the house and in the sun. I know a lot of foundations have some SPF in them, but they shouldn’t be your only level of protections from the harmful damage of the sun. SPF will keep your skin looking younger longer.
After these steps your can continue with your regular beauty regimen in the mornings or head to bed at night. For daytime your next step would be primer!