Hi guys! Welcome back to my blog! It’s DECEMBER!! This Christmas I am trying to watch as many Christmas movies as I can squeeze in. Which includes the classics as well as the cheesy Hallmark & Netflix movies. What are your FAVORITE Christmas Traditions?? Leave me a comment or send me a message to let me know! That brings me to… Today’s post is a gift guide to help you find the perfect present for the beauty guru in your life!
- I bet my mom wishes she had this continuous misting spray bottle when she was doing my hair before school, can’t wait for Christmas to get this baby.
- This laneige lip mask is the BEST lip product I’ve ever used for moisturizing. My daily chapstick will never make my lips as soft as this lip mask does in one night. I use this multiple times a day!
- With 3,600 reviews giving this product 4.8/5 stars comes my FAVORITE eyeshadow palette. My little sister got it for me last year and I have used it almost every single day (I don’t wear makeup everyday but everyday I do I used this).
- Fan favorite, SHAPE TAPE is a must for all beauty gurus because dark circles and mistakes are not forgiving & no joke! My mom gifted me with this & I didn’t know if I would love it but it has grown on me SO much because it gives the BEST coverage.
- My go to – Yes to Tomatoes Skincare Mask Kits. 5 different charcoal masks to try or 5 different mud masks. Mom already knows both of these are on my list.
- This L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise kit comes with 2 tubes of the best mascara she’ll ever try & it makes the perfect stocking stuffer!
- Budget friendly for you this butter bronzer looks and smells amazing!
- Brush cleaning Mat will make cleaning her make-up brushes a breeze.
- The Mia Clarisonic Kit been one of my favorite things ever. I got this actually for my birthday 2 year ago & it has been my ride or die.
- Every girl needs one of these silk pillowcases! Usually these pillow cases are $85-$100 but I found this one for $25-$28 depending on size.
I hope you all enjoyed this post, as much as I enjoyed doing it for you. Let me know what else you would like to see!
*make sure to follow the blog so you know when I have new posts! This year is going to be a good one.
When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
I know I normally only post about one product but there is a few I want to share to get up to date again.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Shadow Palette. I know I’m late to the game here but this palette actually changed my life. I’m sure you’re thinking yeah yeah another shadow palette. I would trade every shadow palette I have for this one. I will never use another make-up palette if I can help it. They are INSANELY pigmented. I have to use the tiniest bit of product to do my shadow everyday. These colors are perfect for brown eyes, but they would look amazing on any eyes. The colors are cohesive but different enough to make so many different looks.
The perfect pink lipstick. Finding a pink lipstick that has the perfect undertones to not make my teeth look yellow is so hard (a continual struggle). The formula is so creamy but is matte which I love. I have a few retro matte lipsticks that dry my lips out SO BAD, but this formula is a lot more moisturizing. (it’s called REALLY ME if the link doesn’t pull the correct color).
The biggest game changer of all. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder!! Wow. I apply this under my eyes and in my T Zone in the morning with a damp beauty blender and it lasts ALL DAY. I don’t get oil break through as the day goes on and it gives my skin a flawless smooth look. This is definitely busy body approved because I will go hours without looking at myself in the mirror and I don’t get scared when I finally see my reflection.
I want to finish off this post by talking a little bit about the New Year. There are so many resolutions to choose from, but this year the one that I chose is to conquer my fears. To be brave. To take every opportunity that presents itself. I’ve been debating jumping out of a plane, but we’ll see if it actually happens. You don’t have to wait until a New Year to change. You have the power to change at any time. To take the world by storm and make it your own. My story is TO BE CONTINUED…
Finally feeling inspired again to get back to my writing and blogging. Thank you to everyone who has followed along it has meant so much to me the sweet messages that I receive. Blogging is a huge thing and something hard and scary to break into, but hey if nothing else it’s a personal journal for me!
My first favorite I have found is the L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara. I get the washable formula, but they do make a waterproof! I’ve used a few L’Oreal and other brands mascara and there is NONE that compare. The first time I used it I was hooked. The formula makes them dramatically long and dark (I use it only on my lower lashes because I have extensions). I have naturally long lashes plus with this mascara they look just like top lashes! It’s so cheap too which I love because there are tons of other expensive things and for this to only be $9.99 really makes it attainable for everyone.
Next isn’t make up but I still have been obsessed with it. The Batiste Dry Shampoo!! Holy grail of dry shampoo. Hallelujah and thank the Lord!! I don’t even know what it is that makes this stuff so great, but it brushes out very nicely and works like a wonder. Using it will make my hair last days longer than normal. They have different smells (thank you Batiste) I really love that because I was previously using the LUSH powder dry shampoo but it only comes in one scent which I don’t like. Batiste even comes in TINTED versions. I’m extremely happy the beauty industry is finally looking out for us brunettes! Only $7.99, we’re bargainers right now because I’m saving up for a new car.
Finally we have our cream shadow the Pro Longwear Paint Pots from MAC! I bought both the Painterly and Soft Ochre. I use them as a base shadow/primer. The Painterly color is a soft pink and soft ochre is a more yellow hued color. The yellow would also be great to outline and define the edges of your brows also (for medium skin tones)! They are both really pretty colors if you just use them with a crease color or even if you build on top of, they just make your colors brighter and better all around. I use my finger to apply and blend them out, you could also use a concealer brush. I promise they’re not scary or intimidating, I know the word cream makes you think it will be hard to blend out but these are easy. I’ve used these before but forgot they existed until recently and I’m glad I rediscovered them!
Let me know via DM or on my contact me page what you would like to see or things you have questions about.
This one is a shout-out to my girls with oily skin because I am right there with you. In high school I had perfect skin, not too dry not oily and I had no idea how good I had it. Life happens and things change and now I get SUPER oily in my T-zone. One of the things you can do to help prevent the mid-day oil breakthrough is to find a good oil-free foundation. I’ve created this little cheat sheet of foundations that are oil-free! There is a shade, price, and coverage for everyone.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear
- Semi-Matte Finish
- Medium to Full Coverage
- 24 HR wear
2. Clinique Stay Matte
- Matte Finish
- Sheer to moderate coverage
3. Lorac POREfection
- Medium to Full coverage
- SPF 20
- Paraben & fragrance free
4. Maybeline Fit Me Matte + Poreless
- Natural matte finish
5. Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder
- Illuminated natural finish
- Light coverage
- SPF 15
6. Smashbox BB Water
- Sheer to medium coverage
- SPF 30
- Natural finish
7. Dior Diorskin Forever Perfect
- Medium-Full coverage
- SPF 35
- 16 HR wear
- Luminous matte-finish
8. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof
- Medium to full weightless coverage
- 24 HR wear
- Repels moisture
- Satin Finish
9. Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection
- Medium to full coverage
- Naturally Radiant
- Hyaluronic Acid infused
10. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR
- Demi-Matte Finish
- 24 HR wear
- Medium Coverage
11. Tarte Amazonian Clay
- Buildable Coverage
- Vegan & Hypoallergenic
- 12 HR
- Matte Finish
- SPF 15
There are tons of amazing oil-free foundations. Obviously I couldn’t list them all so do your research, read reviews and find the best fit for your skin!
Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer is my ride or die (wow that’s a mouthful). The formula is perfect because it’s very lightweight. It gives you a good amount of coverage but it’s not thick so it never creases! It lasts all day long and blends in easily. The concealer comes in a tube with an easy application wand. I apply it in upside down triangles under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my forehead and chin. This gives you the most natural look instead of only doing your dark circles. I blend it out with the beauty blender and set it will a banana powder. I use the fair neutral color because I’m usually very pale, but I also have the light color and the formula is consistent between colors. If you love MAC’s Pro Longwear concealer you’ll love this one!
I unintentionally found this hack while using a lip exfoliator from E.L.F. I originally bought it to help my lipstick go on smoother. I use it 3-4 times a week and have noticed a HUGE difference in the size and plumpness of my lips. This exfoliator is THREE dollars. It keeps your lips looking and feeling so soft. It’s not too messy because it comes in lipstick form and really scrubs off the dead skin. I purchased mine from Target, but it is also available at Ulta and it has a 4.5 star rating! I use the clear one because it has big exfoliating sugar grains. For the price I think it’s good. It’s not going to plump your lips up like $800 lip injections would, but I love this and will continue to use it. The exfoliator is also cruelty-free which gives you even more reason to try it out!