Hi guys! Thanks for coming back to my blog. This week I am tackling a huge problem I am struggling with RIGHT NOW! Dry winter skin! Everyone who lives in Utah knows this same struggle, here are my tips so your face doesn’t feel like its splitting when you smile.
Step one when getting ready for bed at night is to remove all my make-up from the day. I love these bulk packs of Kirkland wipes from Costco, I’ve found a ton of make-up wipes aren’t wet enough to take off all your make-up and then you end up using more than one. These aren’t like that at all.
Step Two is washing your face! I use my Clarisonic cleansing brush along with baby soap because my face is really dry and sensitive right now.
Step Three is this facial spray from Mario Badescu, I use the Rosewater one. If you didn’t know, your skin will absorb your moisturizer better if your skin is wet first!
Step Four of course is moisturizer. My favorite winter moisturizer is The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb from belief. It smells so dang good & works wonders.
Step Five isn’t one I do every night, typically only when I’m really struggling or have a spot that is extra dry. With me it’s usually my chin or nose. Bio Oil is a great option for extra love.
Step Six, we cannot forget about the lips! I’ve shared this before & I’m still in love with this Laneige Lip Mask. I also wanted to note that this thing lasts a long time! You’ll wake up in the morning with a soft plump pout.
3-4 Times a week I use this exfoliating facial wash a few times a week. I swear it makes you feel like a new woman. The citrus scent is so refreshing, it will really wake you up if you use it in the morning!
BONUS : If your hands are really dry use working hands lotion! It’s the same as the healthy feet that I’ve loved.
With all the things we’re slathering on our faces it can get a little bit confusing what order they should go on to make sure they’re all being absorbed properly. What products do you need? What products are extra help? How often should I put them on? I’m here to answer your questions and help you get the best complexion possible.
- If you have make-up on begin with a remover. Do this every night.
- Next use a cleanser, when selecting a one make sure it is not too drying because this will cause your pores to overproduce oil. Wash in circular upwards motions and rinse well. Do this step everyday 2x a day. (If you don’t like using a make-up remover like me, wash your face twice. Once to remove make-up and the second to wash away oil and dirt buildup.)
- Exfoliator is the third, we also scrub in circular motions upwards and rinse well. It’s important to do this step 2-3 times a week to get rid of any dead skin and keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Toner! Toner is something everyone needs, not just those with acne problems. Apply a few drops to a cotton pad and wipe your face down. If you have oily skin do this morning and night, if you have dry skin only do it once a day.
- Spot Treatment.. If you do use a spot treatment on acne remember to only apply it to the areas that need treating and not to your whole face. This step is not mandatory and should only be done once a day.
- Serums go on the skin next. I use mine twice a day because it is so light and makes my skin feel extra moisturized but if it’s super oily maybe try only at nights.
- Eye cream is #7. If you’re younger you probably don’t need this step but it’s never too soon to get ahead of the anti-aging game. It’s best to use these at night.
- FINALLY we are to moisturizer! (A lot more steps than you thought, right?) Apply a generous amount of moisturizer all over your face morning and night.
- SPF. This step is only necessary in the morning when you’re going to be leaving the house and in the sun. I know a lot of foundations have some SPF in them, but they shouldn’t be your only level of protections from the harmful damage of the sun. SPF will keep your skin looking younger longer.
After these steps your can continue with your regular beauty regimen in the mornings or head to bed at night. For daytime your next step would be primer!
My skin is so important to me. I’ve always had pretty good skin, but recently it’s become very oily. I started researching the products I was using and realized that they were what had caused the change in my skin. I purchased new products and my oil has reduced significantly. Everyone has different skin and so this may not work for everyone. I encourage you to research the best products for your skin and read reviews before purchasing.
Step one is to remove all the make-up and dirt and oil buildup from the day. I then wash my face using the Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Brush along with The Body Shops Tea Tree Facial Cleanser. The Clairisonic exfoliates and gets your face 6x cleaner than just washing with your hands (you can feel it). 3-4 nights a week I use the mattifying tea tree toner that goes with my face wash and is also from The Body Shop. After patting my face dry with a clean towel I use a Vitamin C Serum. I finish off with a few sprays of toner water from LUSH (one of my favorites).
If you’re super oily you can try these NYX blotting sheets halfway through the day to help control your shine.