I’ve been looking for a new Foundation for a while and I have finally found one that I am hooked on! I’ve loved every beauty product I’ve tried from Tarte, so I decided to give their Amazonian Clay Foundation a try. It’s full coverage which I feel is a must, but it isn’t heavy and it’s oil-free! Something a lot of people don’t know is that some foundations contain oil and that’s what is actually causing your face to become so greasy throughout the day. If you didn’t already know I’m extremely pale and I’ve had a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin, but Tarte has multiple colors that can work for my skin coloring. They even have a shade matcher where you can select the girl with the closest skin-tone to yours and it gives you 3 color options! Amazonian Clay has 25 total color options. Tarte has done such a good job at creating a perfect color and formula that works for everyone. If you don’t believe me read the reviews on this product, every single person loves it! It is SPF 15 adding a good extra layer of protection for your precious skin. Another plus is that is this foundation goes on and blends easily, it leaves you with a very naturally beautiful look.
It’s no secret the Beauty Blender sponge is one of the greatest make-up application products on the market, so I decided to write some tips to help you use it like a pro!
- Saturate the sponge in water! Squeeze (don’t wring because it will tear!) out the excess water and if needed give it a squeeze in a wash cloth or paper towel to get it just damp enough. Keep it moist as you continue to use it in your beauty routine (I use a beauty water from LUSH).
- Use cold water! If you use warm water it makes your sponge smell musky.
- When applying foundation don’t put the product directly on the sponge, use a mixing plate or the back of your hand to help you get an even coverage.
- Pounce and press your make-up in to get the best natural blending results. Rubbing will wipe off your product or create lines and we don’t want to do that so dab it into your skin!
- When using the sponge around and under your eyes squeeze it to make the tip smaller to get into all those crevices.
- DRY SPONGE! Did you know because of the denseness when the sponge is dry its perfect for packing on loose powder or erasing mistakes such as too much blush!
- WASH IT! Any anti-bacterial soap will work, baby soap, hand soap! Just make sure to keep it clean. The sponge needs to be cleaned just as often as your make-up brushes.
- Replace your Beauty Blender every few months, the sponge will start to lose its shape and break down.
- After using it make sure to leave it out to dry! Don’t immediately put it in a makeup bag to help you avoid creating bacteria which can cause unwanted breakouts!
- If you use a sunless tanner, the blending sponge is a great way to evenly blend it out on your face instead of trying to use a big mitt that you used on your entire body.
Hopefully these tips will help you better understand how to get the most out of your beauty blending sponge! I’m sure in no time you all will be looking like your own MUA’s. If you have any questions about beauty tips please send them to me on the Contact Me page! Knowledge is power.
This is the beauty blender I use from Real Techniques! I don’t use the Beautyblender brand because they’re more expensive for the same thing.