Okay we’re a little bit late on this one, but better late than never AMIRIGHT?? I think I am. June has been crazy and I cannot believe it’s almost the 4th of July! I’ve been waiting for fireworks & BBQs for SO LONG! I’ve been using my youtube app a lot lately watching make-up tutorials, one I am loving is Desi Perkins. She is a glow & brow queen, everything she makes really is so awesome. Definitely check her out. Also her make-up room is to DIE for, if there was one thing in life I could have THIS WOULD BE IT!!
- I’ve NEVER been a fan of blush before, until I found this color from Tarte. I always end up looking too flushed and red. This blush is different, it’s subtle and the perfect color for my pale pale complexion.
- My new favorite lipgloss in the color creme brûlée & its $3.69 at Target.
- I’m SO excited to share this Protein Water. YES!! Protein water. I absolutely hate protein shakes, but these… these are AMAZING. 60 calories. 0 sugar. 15g protein. Depending on the flavor the protein is 10-15 grams. I got the variety pack with 15g.
- I ordered this jumpsuit for my trip to Seattle. Since I’ve been home I’ve worn it multiple times & I try to wear it every chance I get. It’s seriously comfy and can be dressed up or down.
- I’ve been looking for a pair of platform sandals for a minute and found these black Steven Madden ones. Also considering these ones with a white sole.
- Brought home this pair of Nike’s from the 5 floors of bliss Nordstrom store in Washington.
- HAIR ACCESSORIES… Anyone else been loving this trend?? Found this cute Bandana pony scarf. Maybe I’ll make a full post with all the fun things I’ve found recently, we’ll see.
- Nothing says summer like an eyelet blouse.
- Summer also means a lot of weddings to attend. I love this pocketed fringe dress.
- This Tommy Tee is so cute, it could even work for the 4th of July that isn’t so 4th of July.
- Gingham and tie front, this shirt is a winner.
- Might need one more swimsuit to get thru the summer, this striped lace-up front one piece will do.
Love all the cute clothes on vicicollection.com. They always have a 20% discount going on & you can find the code on their Instagram but really they already have great prices!
Going through a home decor obsessed phase so I’ve been spending a fair amount of time on crateandbarrel.com.
I read 2 books by Shari Lapena and both were SO GOOD. I’ve been into mystery thrillers lately and I couldn’t put either one of these down. I read A Stranger in The House and The Couple Next Door.
Summer is by farrr my favorite time of year & these cookies are so fun for all your pool parties & family BBQs. They’re so easy because you use the cake mix and make cookies instead! My cute sister-in-law showed me how to make these and I’ve been hooked ever since.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Box of Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1/3 C Oil ( I substitute coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can Pillsbury Funfetti Vanilla Frosting
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten dough into 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool and remove from cookie sheets.
- Spread frosting over cookies, top each with sprinkles and let set.
Hope you love them as much as I do, definitely going to be making them for our 4th of July extravaganza.
When I first started this series of monthly updates, I didn’t know it would end up being one of my favorite things to write. I love being able to share and talk about all the things I’ve been using from apps to websites and products and music. It also gives me an excuse to try tons of new things. Last month I recommended the Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversation and I’ve still been listening to it this month. I listen in the mornings and it really helps me start my day with a positive attitude and a humble heart. Cannot recommend it enough. Plus its Oprah, who doesn’t love her??
- Kourt App from Kourtney Kardashian. (You probably hate the Kardashians but their beauty and health knowledge is unmatched).
- My Water App. (It reminds you to drink water throughout the day, you input your information and it tells you how much water you should be drinking but I actually upped mine to be 80 oz a day).
On my playlist :
Earned It – Bootstaps (A nostalgic version of the 50 Shades of Grey hit).
Delicate – Taylor Swift (Not sure how it’s taken me this long to find this song but the album is soo good).
Electric Love – BORNS
Whole Lot in Love – Austin Burke
Also been listening to a whoooleeee lot of JT since his concert.
Say Something – JT
Supplies – JT
Summer Love – JT
Things I’m Loving :
- My new favorite exfoliating face wash. It helps me control my oil and makes my skin super soft!!
- This facial spray with aloe, herb and rosewater is a great mid-day refresher. I also use it in my hair on day 2 and 3 when it needs a little extra love. I bought it s month ago and it’s already half gone.
- I caved and bought Anastasia Beverly Hills new Amrezy Highlighter. I swatched it on my hand in the store and fell in love instantly. It actually looks wet and dewy.
- I have been looking for the perfect white ruffle sleeve top and I think I have found it.
- Loving cropped skinny jeans right now & I’m stocking up for summer. These Vervet Destroyed skinny jeans are in my cart and ready for checkout. These Distressed Hem skinny jeans are out of stock in my size, but I’ll be back for them.
- Just bought this mini black denim skirt. I paired mine with a cream sweater and a gold belt and got so many compliments. Would also look adorable with this button up.
- I’ve been doing a ton of health and wellness research because I’ve been sick a lot this winter. I found these wellness shots at target and found them online as well. They’re blue green algae wellness shots, blue green algae is a superfood packed with proteins, vitamins and nutrients.
- White PEACHY Tee. Only $23 and it looks so soft and comfy, I need it.
- Newport front tie top that I’m on the email list for because its out of stock in my size, but I am 100% buying this for Seattle.
- Been needing a new pair of athletic shoes and I found these alpha bounce adidas also love these adidas Originals Deerupt Sneakers.
- I’ve been redoing my closet (which i will make a separate post about) but one thing I bought is this red Levi’s Tee.
- I posted about this lip mask last month because I had just got it but my updates is… it’s amazing. As good as everyone’s been saying. After having it on I can’t stop rubbing my lips together because of how soft they are.
Favorite Shops to Spend time on :
World Market – I love to go into this store as well they have the best furniture and I got the best smelling body scrub from Huntington Soap Co.
LA Hearts Swimwear – I spend a ridiculous amount of time looking for swimsuits for summer body inspiration.
Thrillest – Has the best travel guides, I have been using it to look up yummy places for my upcoming trip with my sister to Seattle.
ASOS – Again been redoing my closet and some of it has been from this shop! They have EVERYTHING.
You may not know that I actually love working out and semi-like eating healthy (joking, it makes my body feel so good and energized). I know it can be hard to get creative when you’re trying to be healthy and eating the same foods over and over is not fun! So I decided to share some of my favorite healthy snacks that I eat on a regular basis to help you stay on track throughout your summer!
- Energy Bites! You can find my favorite recipe for them here! (I add 1/3 C. of Chia Seeds).
- Frozen Grapes
- Light Babybell Cheese
- Strawberries (best time of year for them)
- Natural Peanut Butter & Celery
- Greek Yogurt Ranch & Veggies
- Cottage Cheese
- Bananas (frozen, with peanut butter, or plain)
- Protein Bars/Drinks (I love the Muscle Milk Pro Series in Chocolate, when picking a bar or drink be sure to check that there is substantially more protein than sugar.)
- Blueberry Lemon Protein Muffins (I substitute instead of using oil).
- Skinny Pop Popcorn
- Hummus & Veggies
- Lean Jerky (s/o to my dad for keeping me stocked up)
- Apple Slices
- Cashews (nuts in general are good for you)
- Mini 100-Calorie Guacamole packs
- Boiled Eggs
- Lemons (yes I am a freak I eat them plain)
- Greek Yogurt
- Pineapple Chunks
- Fresh Peaches
- Greek Yogurt
- My last is not actually that good for you but its not bad for you either and it’s my sweets for the day! Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars! I love the chocolate chip cookie dough ones.
Eating healthy is an important part of a beauty regimen! What you put into your body reflects in your hair and skin (breakouts, losing a lot of hair = unhealthy choices). If you didn’t know, now you know! Also if you have any yummy snack suggestions for me send them my way!
I made this list with the college girl on a budget in mind. It is a list of a few articles of clothing that you can use in so many different outfits this summer that way you have to buy less!
- White Soft & Sexy Tie Front Tee
I found this t-shirt at American Eagle and fell in love the second I saw it. Pair this top with a pair of jeans and a blocked heel for a casual girls lunch. Got a date night? Slip on a curve hugging pencil skirt and some heels! This shirt is perfect to wear to an outdoor concert with a denim jacket. You could even go for a festival look with denim shorts, a black belt and some boots. Need a swimsuit cover up on the boat? No problem.
2. Black Bomber Jacket
This piece will work year round, but is perfect when paired with some comfy leggings for a summer movie night at the theater. Wear it over a bodysuit for a dressy date night or NBA game. Running errands? Jeans and some Adidas shoes will add the finishing touch for this street styled outfit.
3. Crochet Bodysuit
This cute crochet bodysuit doubles as a swimsuit! Wear it on one of those anything-can-happen nights.
4. Hoodie Matching Set
This cute matching set can be dressed up with heels, or dressed down with sliders or even sneakers. You can mix and match the top and the bottom with other pieces, the possibilities are endless!
5. Tee Dress
This tee dress is super comfy no matter how you wear it. A corset belt will give this dress a sexy curvy look. Wear a baseball hat for a causal running errands look.
This post is all about my favorite summer basics from one of my favorite stores Brandy Melville (and yes my car has their alien logo on it). All their clothes are beautiful and very affordable! Their line is now available at Nordstrom (in City Creek if you live in Utah!)
- The Simone Tank
This cute tank is so versatile. I would pair this with a cute pair of ripped jeans and nude heels for a lunch/shopping date. Throw a leather jacket over the top for a night out on the town.
2. Juliette Denim Skirt
Denim Skirts are back! The raw edging on this skirt gives it the perfect casual look. I would wear this with my superstar adidas and a t-shirt.
3. Reina Bodysuit
The perfect black tank that goes with everything! Chic and sexy by itself, but it can be dressed up or down.
4. Karla Dress
Gingham is a huge trend this summer, you can rock it in this casual summer dress!
5. Erica USA Sweatshirt
I am obsessing over this sweatshirt. Fourth of July (and 24th of July if you live in Utah) never looked so good. Throw this over shorts on a chilly summer night.
6. Coco Top
Two of my favorites in one. Wrap tops & blue hues. I’ve been loving blues and the vacay vibe for this summer!
7. Jenny Tube Top
Such a simple classy look. Sexy shoulders for date night. I would pair this top with a skirt or a cute pair of shorts and a short heeled sandal. Add a choker for a more intense/edgy look.
Summer is fast approaching and if you haven’t had time to get out in the sun before that first pool party you may be thinking about a sunless tanner. Look no further I’ve found the best of the best. St. Tropez’s Self Tanning Mousse is a guaranteed MUAH. It has helped me in my times of need on more than one occasion. The coloring is perfect and doesn’t make you look orange at all. It’s such a natural looking tan nobody will even be able to tell it’s fake. I purchased the application mitt and it gives me a flawless finish every time. They even make a face mitt (and no this will not make you breakout, I tested it!) There’s no streaking or splotches and best of all no orange hands! I start out by exfoliating and making sure my skin is nice and moisturized. Once you’re completely dried off pump your Tanning Mousse which is really more of a foam onto your mitt and start with a bigger area (not your hands or feet!) and work your way out to your hands and feet. If you start with them they always end up looking to dark for me. Be sure to rub it in circles to prevent any streaks. After applying one coat I dry it with a blow dryer and then apply another layer and repeat. I usually wait a bit before getting dressed because my skin feels tacky almost. This tanner can transfer onto your clothes so be sure to wear darker clothing. It does wash out if you get it on something, but I like to be extra careful. All that’s left is to wait for your color to develop! Don’t worry if you feel like you’re too dark, after rinsing it will lighten up! This self tanner does have a smell, but it isn’t the typical self tanner smell that I hate! I try to apply it 2 times before my event to get a good coloring! If you’re nervous about the price try it out in this beginners kit or get the best bang for your buck with this spring kit that comes with 2 bottles of tanner ($32 a piece) and 2 application mitts ($10 a piece) all for only $40!