Do you know what your love language is? No? This post is for YOU! I came across this concept from Gary Chapman a little over a year ago & there is no arguing how true it is. There are 5 love languages & each person has 1 main language in which they receive love. Not everyone is the same & while you might think you’re loving them so hard by spending quality time with them, it may not be translating to your partner or even child. Yes, kids have them too! I’ve listed each language below & a short description of each.
Words of Affirmation – this love language uses words to affirm other people & their feelings. This sounds like “You look beautiful today” or “I really love how funny you are”.
Quality Time – this love language is all about spending time & giving the other person your undivided attention.
Physical Touch – this love language uses physical touch as the strongest way to receive love. Holding hands, back tickles, cuddling etc.
Acts of Service – this love language actions speak louder than words.
Receiving Gifts – this love language gifts are what makes them feel loved.
At this point you still might not know what your love language is, so there is this handy little quiz you can take.
Gary Chapman also has a book called the 5 Love Languages that goes further into detail. It’s great if you want to have successful relationships. If you don’t have time to read, sign up for Audible. It has been so nice to listen to books in the car on the way to & from work or while getting ready in the morning.
While I will be celebrating Galentines with my sister, most of you will be out with your hunny loves so I thought I’d help take something off your plate with my favorite Valentine outfit options. My go to has ALWAYS been lulus.com when it comes to dresses for ANY special occasion.
- Pink Off The Shoulder – This light pink makes it seem sweet, but this curve hugging dress will remind him you still got it.
2. Red Skater Dress – I love this dress because it’s so fun and flirty but fierce with the red at the same time. (This is what I’m wearing to Galentines this year!)
3. V Jumpsuit – I’m a sucker for a good jumpsuit. For the comfy girl that still loves to wow. (Honestly if I had a real Valentine’s date this is what I would wear because I am that comfy girl.)
4. Romantic White Lace Long Sleeve Dress – Maybe he’ll pop the question? Or just want to put those thoughts in his head? This white lace dress will definitely do it.
5. Black Floral Dress – For the casual and chic girl.
6. Maxi Dress – This pop of color is everything and more. Spring is coming guys. It is January but it is coming. (also comes in 8 other colors)
7. LBD – This little black bodycon dress will leave him thinking about everything except you in that dress (if ya know what I mean).
8. Floral Wrap Maxi Dress – Everyone loves to have dessert with their dinner date. (The dessert is you).
9. Lace Turtleneck – For the sexy ladies that don’t like to wear dresses.
10. Off the Shoulder Bodysuit – I love this color and these sleeves. (Please wear a bodysuit at your own risk and plan your bathroom trips accordingly.)
Hopefully this helps you find something cute for your V-day plans! Checkout tons of other cute dresses here.